Translate

Friday, July 10, 2009

Island of Philosophy

I have been working on a book about the relationship of modern science and philosophy for some time now.
A lot of my time has been spent trying to get to grips (if it's possible) with the meaning of quantum theory. I find the subject captivating least of all because of the lack of consensus amongst practitioners as to its interpretation. How then can the larger implications of the theory be brought into mainstream life and philosophy?
I have treated the subject by placing it in a prose format. This has the advantage that I don't have to annotate the book with references or to be scientifically expert (which I certainly do not ever hope to be).
What I want is a freedom to navigate the worlds of science and philosophy without the constraints of the professions on either side. this may lead to a lack of depth when viewed from a particular side but hopefully gives a better balanced bilateral approach.
I will be publishing the book capter by chapter initially on this blog and hope that it reaches an audience who will engage and critique it freely.

No comments:

Post a Comment